Re: Heroes of Might and Magic 3 vs. XP

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 13:17:09 +0100, Michael Vondung
<[email protected]> wrote:

Cubit FX wrote:

Anybody have issues getting HOMM3 to run on a windows XP machine?

Yes. Just installed the "HoMM3 Complete" compilation (hit European
stores just this year, interestingly enough), and it works just fine on
mx XP SP2 machine.

  Same deal for Shadow of Death here.  I remember Armaggeddon's Blade
having some troubles for me, but it also seems to work.  No need to
mess with compatibility settings either.

  That suggests that the problem isn't XP or SP2 (I have SP2), but
drivers, and maybe DX versions (latest 9 here, NVIDIA video (MX440 &
5500).

  Only other thing maybe is the patches on the game itself, which
might explain why Complete installs neatly -- issues with XP and
drivers might be resolved by program changes.

--