Re: new freedom force patch

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 18:00:10 +1100, Nostromo
<[email protected]> wrote:

Thus spake "Frankie Howerd" <[email protected]>, Mon, 21 Feb 2005
12:49:53 -0800, Anno Domini:

Apologies for the post about strategy gaming, which seems to be coming more
and more off-topic around here, but finally the new patch for Freedom Force
is out which allows the game to run under XP SP2:
http://www.freedomfans.com/news.php?id=37

Cool - tx Frankie ;-)

i have a problem with my copy of 'Freedom Force' - it installs no
problem but when i come to run it, the program asks me to insert the
CD.. which is strange since it's in the drive - or if i quit and try
to restart the game, it tells me that the CD may be dirty, remove any
dirt and try again.. what's that about then? think i should patch it
first and then try running it?..

ubertoadie