New Patch for Dominions II: The Ascension Wars!

Just an FYI for all our Dominions fans. =)

New Patch for Dominions II: The Ascension Wars!
Even The Gods Need A Band-Aid!

Cary, NC, 11 April, 2005

Shrapnel Games and Illwinter Game Design would like to announce the
release of the version 2.16 patch for the hit fantasy strategy title,
Dominions II: The Ascension Wars. Version 2.16 is fully compatible
with versions 2.12 to 2.15, although if playing a multiplayer game all
players should be running the same version to avoid problem results in
combat.

The patch corrects a handful of newly discovered bugs, and also
provides Dominions players will a nice collection of new enhancements
and balance changes. The fixed bugs include:

* Fishes with "Amulet of the Fish" can now retreat to land provinces.
* Goto province also works on assassination messages.
* The battlefield grid has been fixed.
* Destroyed local enchantments sometimes still displayed.

The following are new to the game:

* The maximum number of mods has been increased to 100
* New monster modding commands: #magicboost and #castledef.
* Can now mod different looking GUIs for individual nations.
* Shape changing god automatically begins at a low HP form.
* #selectitem accepts numbers.
* Assassination victims override a retreat order.
* Improved error message if a mod needs to be installed to play on
your turn.

The version 2.16 patch can be downloaded directly from Shrapnel Games.
Please visit www.shrapnelgames.com/Illwinter/d2/6.htm to do so.

Dominions II: The Ascension Wars was released in 2003 and quickly
became the powerhouse must-have strategy title for those longing for a
deep, feature-rich turn-based game that rewarded intelligence and
strategic acumen. Available on every major operating system, with a
strong community of fans that enjoy both its ease of modding and
engaging multiplayer aspects, Dominions II is what grand strategic
gaming is all about.

Be sure to stop by www.shrapnelgames.com for all the latest news,
download our demos or sign up for our monthly newsletter, join in the
forums, or grab any of the Dominions II: The Ascension Wars goodies
that are available.

For press related information please contact Scott R. Krol at:
[email protected]

To visit our company blog go to www.shrapnelcommunity.com/blog/ .

Mindi Arnesen
Beta Test Coordinator