Re: Bastard Strategy, games that cross over - XO strategy

On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 10:28:41 GMT, Morgan Ohlson
<[email protected]> wrote:

Bastard Strategy, games that cross over - XO strategy

Would be fun to hear if you have played, or seen any good games that have a
major strategy content or component but may usually sort into other
categories as:

# RPG
# Adventure
# Civ-City-building
# Simulators
# Board or card game

Does todays game categories prevent game development or limit gamers choice?
Would more cross overs enrich /improve gaming?

Morgan O.

I know it's kilnda OT, but at the moment, I'm playing the GBA and GC
"Fire Emblem" games and having more fun than I have in a long time.

It's mainly a tactical RPG. The story is deeper and more interesting
than any I've encountered on the PC, the tactical part is fun, moreso
because when one of your characters is dead, he's dead, so not losing
a character to a battle is really rewarding.
And you have the extra advantage that (on the GBA), you can take your
game with you anywhere.