Re: Shrapnel Games Celebrates Year Eight!

Gladiator <[email protected]> wrote in
xxxxxx:

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 03:54:40 GMT, [email protected] (alexti) wrote:

It is not true even wrt to Simulation and Adventure. Quality of graphics
has already reached necessary level few years ago. I wish that push for
better graphics would stop - it's already at the point when miniscule
improvements take huge amount of effort.

Alex.

True, but Dom3 is no where near up to todays standards in graphics. I
know that developers need to start spending more resources on
improving AI and less on graphics as that is  my biggest gripe about
many games. I'm just saying nice graphics add to the overall
experince.
I agree that nicer graphics doesn't hurt (as long as nothing else is
sacrificed for that). But I think that Dom3 has required level of graphics
- in comparison to other strategy games, like Civ4, for example, Dom3 looks
really good. And it's not about 3D or higher resolutions or more details.
It's just a choice of colours, those sketchy sprites reflects the creatures
nature well - things like that make up for lack of advanced graphics
engine.