Re: Elemental: War of Magic Aug 24

On Aug 22, 10:36 pm, EMan <supreme.evolution...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Aug 22, 9:48 pm, David Lamb <dal...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 22/08/2010 7:23 PM, EMan wrote:

I'm still pre-ordering it.

Me, too.  Those of us who get it should try to play a game ASAP and post
our reactions.

Will do.  Looks like Stardock is trying to push it out on 8/22 for
beta testers and pre-orders.  Might be a late nite for me.

Well its out for beta testers and pre orders.  I only got a chance to
glance through the forum before starting my download and getting ready
for work.  Seems pretty unaminous that the core game is great, but of
course there is some minor nitpicking about what was or was not
removed from the beta (never played the beta), random maps are seed
based (I'm ok with that, completely random maps are frequently
unplayable), performance issues (big surprise), and other minor stuff.

Can't wait to get home and play it, but I'm most impressed with
Stardock's committment to their community.  They got word that
Gamestop was going to break the Aug. 24 release date and came into
work Sunday to push it out to the Impulse buyers.  They kept the
community updated on the status of the digital release through IRC
chat.  They didn't have to do that.